Westville triumph

SHEFFIELD & HALLAM FA SUNDAY SENIOR CHALLENGE CUP In the second round of the County Sunday Senior Cup Westville ran out 3-0 winners over fellow Churchill's Premier Division side X Keys.

Paul Cameron broke the deadlock after a deft touch from Jamie Williams sent him racing clear to lob advancing keeper Billam on 25 minutes.

The lead was doubled when Williams layed the ball back to Ryan Beadling who fired into the corner.

Williams then chipped in with a goal of his own after he met the outstanding David Wheeler's pin point cross with a rare header.

Billum was in top form in the X Keys goal, performing miracles to keep the score down while Neil Rennard was called upon to head off the line.

Keys almost found a late consolation with a 35 yard effort from Darren Connor flying over the head of the well beaten Westville keeper only to rattle back off the bar.

To Keys' credit they persisted throughout the game and battled for every ball but could not find a way in.

Thurnscoe Coronation's cup tie with Arbourthorne EAFC was spoiled by poor officiating from the referee which prevented any flow to the match.

Corra performed well and matched their opponents despite the 3-1 scoreline, feeling that the official gave them nothing.

Arbourthorne took the lead but Corra hit back with a long range effort from Brett Swift smashing into the top corner.

But two minutes later the referee made a controversial decision which would alter the balance of the game.

A ball over the top was charged down by both the Corra keeper and an on-rushing Arbourthorne forward but was heading out of play.

The referee blew his whistle and pointed to the spot as he adjudged the goalkeeper to have pulled the forward's shirt despite the lack of appeals from anyone involved.

The penalty was dispatched and there was no doubt about the Arbourthorne's third which was finished well.

Goldthorpe Comrades scored an impressive 4-0 win against last season's Barnsley Premier League champions Hoyland Town.

Comrades started well with a corner knocked to the back post for Adam Clayton to lay the ball back for young starlet Alex Turton who fired a superb volley through a crowd of players leaving Hoyland Town keeper no chance.

They grabbed a well deserved second goal from Paul Clayton who fired a bullet header in at the near post leaving the Hoyland Town.

The Goldthorpe side found a third goal through a fine glancing header which looped over the keeper into the net from a fine cross from right back Adam Clayton.

When Hoyland Town did get a clear opportunity they found Comrades keeper Lee Gray in fine form as he saved down low at the feet of Hoyland Town striker Stephen Berry.

Town lacked enough imagination to break down a solid Comrades defence marshalled by an impressive Darren Green who has shone impressively since signing from Premier league champions Lord Conyers.

Simon Asquith was upended by in the box resulting in a penalty which Phil King calmly slotted home to make it 4-0.

Only good defending and excellent goalkeeping by Hoyland kept the scores down.

Groves Social exited the cup following a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Redmires FC.

Jason Bentley netted four times and Shane Kelsey once as Athersley Recreation advanced to round three with a comfortable 5-0 victory over Aughton Robin Hood.

Royston Steelers also continue to fly the flag for Barnsley League sides after Paul Jackson's brace inspired them to a 4-2 win over Three Magpies.

Paul Schofield and Jonny Jackson also added their names to the scoresheet.

James Sidlow and Chris Armin grabbed the goals as Boca twice came from behind to earn a 2-2 draw before suffering an agonising 5-3 defeat on penalties at Rawmarsh Earl Grey.

Simon Chadburn scored twice as Wombwell Main brushed aside the challenge of Kiveton Park 4-1 with James Manley and Marcus Bird the other marksmen.

A solitary strike from Andy Robinson was enough to hand New Lodge a 1-0 win against Intake Royal Oak while Old Town scored four goals in the last twenty minutes to beat Farm Road Sports 4-0.

A goal down, Kinsley Boys came back in extra-time to defeat Upton and Harewood Social 3-1 and advance to the next round.

Dave Davies put Upton ahead from a spot kick, only for Reece Hicks to level for Boys, and turned the tables through Steven Oates and Daniel Whitehead in the extra period.

Hemsworth Alpha had a 4-0 success at Harworth CI after Lee Kelly grabbed a brace of goals, with Lee Swift and John Probert doubling the tally.