Warning after pan fire

A WARNING about pan fires has been issued after a group of housemates had to flee their burning home.

The blaze was sparked by an overheated pan which had been left unattended at the house on Glass House Lane in Kilnhurst.

The occupants called the fire service and crews from Rotherham and Dearne stations arrived at 8pm on Tuesday night.

They had managed to put it out themselves and escaped unharmed.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “You should never leave a pan unattended when cooking.”