A man is in hospital this morning with burns after his garage went up in flames in Rotherham.
He was working in a car repair garage on Station Road, Masbrough, when a fire broke out at 7.20am.
A cylinder exploded in the blaze and the garage owner was injured as he tried to prevent the flames from spreading.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Firefighters said the force of the explosion damaged the wall of the garage.
The fire led to a number of road closures in the area and police officers evacuated neighbouring premises as a precaution but now only Station Road remains closed.
At the height of the incident there were four fire engines at the scene.
Chief Superintendent Jason Harwin, Rotherham’s District Commander, warned residents earlier today to ‘avoid the area’.