A special charity event will form part of this weekend's Tramlines Festival to raise awareness of the killer condition that suddenly took the life of a devoted dad.
Popular Dan Hallam was struck down with blood poisoning disease sepsis at Christmas and died just two weeks after being diagnosed aged 43.
READ MORE: VIDEO: Watch sickening moment man is whacked three times with wooden plank outside Sheffield club
As thousands of music fans will descend on Sheffield for the Tramlines Festival, friends and family will be hosting their own 'Danlines Festival' in the city.
It will be hosted at The Fat Cat in Kelham Island on Sunday, July 22, and features performances by The New Romantics at 2pm and 3.30pm, plus a DJ set.
There will be bucket collections with proceeds going to the Sepsis Trust.
Dan's cousin Charissa Newsome, who has helped to organise the event, said it is a way of keeping Dan's memory alive and they hope ultimately to help prevent other deaths from sepsis.
The 41-year-old mum-of-two, of Wincobank, said: "Dan loved music festivals, he went to Glastonbury countless times over about 20 years, so we thought this would be a fitting tribute to him.
READ MORE: Driver found asleep in car in Rotherham with 19 wraps of suspected class-A drugs
"It is a way for us to celebrate his life, raise some money and most importantly raise awareness of sepsis."
She added: "There does not seem to be much awareness of the condition but it is deadly.
"I want to see posters up in every GP surgery in Sheffield raising awareness and if people have a health problem they should suggest to their doctor 'Is it sepsis?'
"If it is caught early then it is preventable and better awareness could save lives."
Friends and family previously organised BritFest 2018 at the Britannia Inn at Tupton in Chesterfield on June 30 and managed to raise £2000.
Meanwhile, Charissa has also vowed to get on her bike and complete a 54 mile London to Brighton cycle ride in September next year.
She previously told how Dan thought he was coming down with the flu as he opened presents with his young daughter, Joy, on Christmas Day.
His condition worsened and by Boxing Day he was in hospital fighting for life after being diagnosed with sepsis.
The blood poisoning disease spread throughout his body and a medical team later had to amputate both his legs.
READ MORE: Campaign launched to help Sheffield United fan given weeks to live tie the knot to his long-term partner
Just two weeks after being diagnosed the Beighton electrician - described as a 'million in one bloke' by relatives - was dead.
To donate to the Sepsis Trust in Dan's memory visit https://www.justgiving.com/remember/533949/Daniel-Hallam