Rotherham family woken up by smoke alarm find fire in kitchen

A couple and two children discovered a fire in their home after their smoke alarm started sounding in the early hours.

They were woken up and raised the alarm at 12.20am today.

Firefighters alerted to the incident on Cawdron Close, Rotherham, said the fire had already gone out when they arrived.

They found that it started on the top of the fridge in the kitchen and it is believed that smoking materials were to blame.

The man, woman and two children in the house at the time were unharmed by the fire.