Residents were evacuated and a street sealed off after a gas leak at a property in Bentley.
Firefighters from Doncaster attended the incident at 9.40am today in Hunt Lane, Bentley.
The gas leak was found to be coming from outside a property on the street.
Residents in the property as well as neighbouring homes were evacuated as a precaution.
A cordon was place around the street by firefighters.
A spokesman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said:”Residents returned to their homes and the road re-opened 10.50am”.