Post box lit by fireworks

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.

FIRE services were called to a post box set alight by fireworks, at Wombwell last night.

Letters could be destroyed after fireworks were placed in the post box on Neville Close, just before 10pm.

A fire crew attended at about 10pm and dealt quickly with the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said there had been a number of minor incidents involving fire works across South Yorkshire, and that crews attended to ensure fires were put out, and that the areas in which they occurred were left safe.