Man rescued from Doncaster house fire

editorial image

A man needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation after being rescued from a Doncaster house fire at the weekend.

Firefighters had to put ladders up to a bedroom window to get him out of the cottage in St Mary’s Road, Tickhill, after a cooking fire in the kitchen gave off lots of smoke.

A neighbour’s smoke detector raised the alarm around 12.30am on Saturday and the incident was attended by fire crews who carried him out of an upstairs window and gave him oxygen before he was taken to hospital. A spokesman said he was not seriously hurt.

A faulty TV started a fire in the bedroom of a house in Horseshoe Court, Balby, late on Friday but the occupant was not injured.