Kitchen fire at Keadby

A TEENAGE girl was taken to hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in Keadby.

The incident happened on Chesswick Avenue after fat on a cooker hob had been left unattended and caught fire shortly after 2.30pm on Monday.

A neighbour isolated the power supply and paramedics gave oxygen to the 15-year-old girl who had inhaled smoke.

She was then taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital.

The fire was out when two crews from Scunthorpe arrived at the scene and a smoke detector had been activated.