Firefighters were called out to deal with a blaze inside a house on the outskirts of Sheffield last night.
The fire involved electrical cabling under the stairs at a property in Chestnut Avenue, Killamarsh.
READ MORE: Sheffield loses out to Leeds and Manchester in Channel 4 HQ shortlist
Firefighters from Staveley and Birley stations were called out to deal with the incident at about 8pm.
READ MORE: Mother's 'torture' after son from Sheffield is found murdered in America
However, a fire service spokesperson said the occupier had already put the fire out using a dry powder extinguisher by the time crews arrived.
The resident was given fire safety advice.
READ MORE: Sheffield pub landlord who was 'loved to bits' is honoured at memorial festival
Nobody is believed to have been injured.