Fire sparks chimney sweep warning

editorial image

Firefighters are urging people using open fires or wood burners to get their chimneys swept after attending another blaze in South Yorkshire.

Firefighters from Doncaster attended a chimney fire on The Green, in Finningley at about 3.30pm on Sunday, September 27.

Crews used an aerial appliance to tackle the fire from above.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “Chimneys can easily catch fire due to a build up of soot and other debris and should be swept at least once a year.”