Family flees blaze inside Doncaster home 

A family had to flee their home after a fire was sparked in the kitchen.  

A smoke alarm sounded in the property on Regent Avenue, Armthorpe, which gave the occupants an early warning – allowing them get out unharmed. 

Regent Avenue, Armthorpe.

Regent Avenue, Armthorpe.

READ MORE: Arsonists hunted over latest spate of blazes in South Yorkshire

Crews from Doncaster Central and Edlington fire stations were called to the scene on Friday, May 10, at 9.14pm. 

READ MORE: Police recover £40,000 worth of suspected stolen items from car in Sheffield

They quickly put the fire out and used a specialist fan to clear smoke from the property.  

READ MORE: Man hauled before the courts for pulling out taser at Sheffield pub in bid to ‘show off’ 

A fire service spokesperson said the blaze is believed to have been started accidentally due to some portable lights being on charge in the kitchen.