THE worried mum of a teenage boy missing since Sunday has pleaded for the youngster to return home.
Lewis Eddleston, 13, has not been seen since leaving a group of friends on a remote playing field - amid family fears he may have been abducted.
Mum Diane said: “We just want to know he is safe, we have no idea where he is or what has happened and we are worried sick. I just hope he sees this and gets in touch to let us know he is OK.”
The last confirmed sighting of the Hungerhill School pupil was around 4pm on Sunday on fields behind the Tesco supermarket between Church Balk, Edenthorpe and Kirk Sandall Junior and Infant School.
The youngster had been playing with a group of friends when he reportedly asked one to look after his mobile phone while he went to the toilet and headed off across the field. There has been no news of his whereabouts since then, although there have been unconfirmed sightings in the Balby area.
Diane, of Wilberforce Road, Clay Lane, said: “He has never done anything like this before - it is totally out of character. We had had a lovely family bonfire on Saturday night and there were no problems at home or at school.
“He needs to know that he is not in trouble. We just want to see him back home safe and sound. If he doesn’t want to come home just yet, we want to hear from him to know he is OK.”
Older brother Martin said there had been recent reports of a motorist behaving suspiciously in the area who had been following youngsters in his vehicle but who fled when challenged by adults.
“There was a car driving around the other week following kids. He could have been abducted or anything - we just don’t know and need to hear from him or anyone who knows where he is.”
A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “A 13-year-old boy was reported missing on Sunday evening in Edenthorpe. There have been reported sightings of him since this time and police are making enquiries to try and locate him.”
Anyone with information should call the police on 101, quoting reference number AX/4231/2012.