MEXBOROUGH School is being primed for take-over... by the Co-op! And the move to put the town’s education into the hands of the divvy-men has brought fury.
The plan, to let The Co-operative College run the school, was revealed in a “public consultation” exercise organised last week by the school’s controverisal head, Mirjam Bühler-Willey.
But Mrs Bühler-Willey:
* Picked a Thursday TEATIME to host the event
* Failed to advertise it to the PUBLIC, except on an obscure page of the school’s website
* Never told the PRESS about it, and
* Told ONLY parents and governors – in circular letters.
Of the school’s 15 governors, just FOUR turned up, along with TWO members of the public and the Times... after we were tipped off by an alarmed insider.
Now ex-chair of governors, Coun Sue Phillips – who quit in disgust at the school’s last Ofsted – has demanded a “proper consultation” is organised to take such a crucial decision over the struggling school’s future.
* FULL STORY – PAGES 4 & 5 - OF THIS WEEK’S SOUTH YORKSHIRE TIMES.