Doncaster residents flee bedroom blaze

Marsh Road, Doncaster. Picture: Google
Marsh Road, Doncaster. Picture: Google

Doncaster residents had to flee their home last night after a fire was sparked in the bedroom.

A small fire was ignited inside the property in Marsh Road, Thorpe-in-Balne, at about 8pm.

READ MORE: Police seal off street in Sheffield city centre

Three fire crews from Thorne, Adwick and Askern stations were called out to tackle the blaze.

READ MORE: VIDEO: Watch sickening moment man is whacked three times with wooden plank outside Sheffield club

A fire service spokesperson said the occupants made it out unhurt.

They added the blaze was started accidentally due to an electrical fault.

READ MORE: Driver found asleep in car in Rotherham with 19 wraps of suspected class-A drugs