Discarded cigarette butt sparks blaze at Sheffield home

A discarded cigarette butt sparked a blaze at a Sheffield home.

Friday, 20th July 2018, 10:33 am
Updated Friday, 20th July 2018, 10:37 am
Swarcliffe Road, Sheffield. Picture: Google

A fire service spokesperson said a cigarette had been thrown out of an attic window and landed in some guttering which accidentally caused a fire to the outside of the property in Swarcliffe Road, Attercliffe.

Read More

Read More
Police seal off street in Sheffield city centre

Crews from parkway and Sheffield central stations were called out to tackle the blaze at 11.20pm last night.

The spokesperson said none of the occupants are believed to have been injured.