`

Discarded cigarette butt sparks blaze at Sheffield home

Swarcliffe Road, Sheffield. Picture: Google
Swarcliffe Road, Sheffield. Picture: Google

A discarded cigarette butt sparked a blaze at a Sheffield home.

A fire service spokesperson said a cigarette had been thrown out of an attic window and landed in some guttering which accidentally caused a fire to the outside of the property in Swarcliffe Road, Attercliffe.

READ MORE: Police seal off street in Sheffield city centre

READ MORE: VIDEO: Watch sickening moment man is whacked three times with wooden plank outside Sheffield club

Crews from parkway and Sheffield central stations were called out to tackle the blaze at 11.20pm last night.

READ MORE: Driver found asleep in car in Rotherham with 19 wraps of suspected class-A drugs

The spokesperson said none of the occupants are believed to have been injured.