Delays and cancellations to trains between Doncaster and Grantham
South Yorkshire Rail passengers have been warned to expect disruption this afternoon after problems with overhead lines at Retford.
Virgin Trains is reporting delays of up to two hours and cancellations on trains between Doncaster and Grantham.
The company says damage has been caused to the overhead electric wires between Retford and Newark North Gate on the East Coast Mainline.
Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.
Virgin has advised passengers their tickets are valid with East Midlands Trains, CrossCountry, Northern, TransPennine Express and ScotRail.
The following services are running this afternoon:
- On the hour departures from London Kings Cross will run to Scotland.
- Half past the hour departures from London Kings Cross will run to Stevenage and Peterborough only.
- If you're travelling between London and Scotland, it is advised to use Virgin Trains between London Euston and Glasgow Central and then use ScotRail for onward connections.
- If you're travelling between London and Leeds / York or the North East of England, it is advised to use Virgin Trains between London Euston and Manchester and use TransPennine Express to your destination.
- If you're travelling between London and Grantham / Newark, it is advised to use East Midlands Trains services between London St Pancras International and Nottingham for alternative East Midlands Trains services to Newark Castle or Grantham.
- If you're travelling between London and Doncaster / Retford / Wakefield, use East Midlands Trains between London St Pancras International and Sheffield and then use CrossCountry or Northern services for onward connections.
- Ticket restrictions have been lifted so you can travel on the next available service.
- Tickets dated today will be valid on services tomorrow, Friday 10 March.