Blaze rips through Rotherham home on Christmas Day 

A fault with a tumble dryer sparked a blaze which caused extensive damage to a home in Rotherham on Christmas Day.   

The fire spread through the kitchen of the property in Sough Hall Crescent, Thorpe Hesley, at 1pm.    

Sough Hall Crescent, Rotherham. Picture: Google

Sough Hall Crescent, Rotherham. Picture: Google

READ MORE: CCTV released in connection with Sheffield supermarket robbery

READ MORE: Man, 27, dies after car hits wall and street light in Doncaster 

The kitchen was gutted in the blaze and other rooms in the home were smoke logged. 

READ MORE: Appeal to give Sheffield’s last Dunkirk hero the send-off she deserves

Crews from Tankersley, Elm Lane and Rotherham fire stations dealt with the blaze.

None of the occupants were harmed and they all made it out safe.