Advice service for those on benefits

Barnsley Council is offering an advice service to those affected by the government’s welfare reforms.

As part of changes to the social security system, people who receive contributory Employment Support Allowance - will only have their benefit paid for a year when previously it could be paid until they reached pension age.

People can get information from the council’s Welfare Rights Service on 01226 772360.