New research out today can reveal that 21 percent of over 50s said they married the wrong person.
The top ten regrets of the over 50s in the North East were identified in research undertaken by Silversurfers.com
Top Ten Regrets of the Over 50s
1) 29% said they hadn’t seen enough of the world
2) Over a quarter (26%) said they didn’t save enough money for retirement (£2.4m)
3) 21% said they married the wrong person
4) 15% wish they’d worked harder at school
5) 14% claimed they worried too much about what other people thought
6) 13% said working long hours/spent too much time at work
7) 13% said they never told their parents how much they meant to them
8) 11% regretted not asking their Grandparents more about their life before they died
9) 10% said they didn’t spend enough time with their children
10) 10% wished they had learned a foreign language
But despite these worrying regrets, the over 50s are feeling quite sprightly with over a quarter saying that happiness is more important than money and 13% revealing they feel most content at the age of 62.