With Rio Olympics opening ceremony tonight, Central England Co-operative has compiled amazing facts and figures about the celebrated global event ... and how food will play a major role in 2016 games.
Here are 7 things South Yorkshire shoppers may not know about 2016 Olympics and host nation Brazil.
And see here http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/10-rio-reasons-south-yorkshire-s-olympic-spirit-shines-1-8050991how South Yorkshire's finest are going for Olympic gold.
1. 10,500 athletes from 206 different countries will take part, with 306 competitions in 42 different sports taking place over 17 days in 33 different venues. 18,000 people in total.
2. The Olympic Village will serve 60,000 meals a day made from 460,000 lbs. of raw material – all served on four million biodegradable plates.
3. Five different types of cuisine will be on offer – Brazilian, Asian, International, Italian Pasta and Pizza and Halal and Kosher
4. 18,000 number of athletes, coaches and staff members will eat their meals in The Olympic Village dining room.
5. 40 varieties of exotic Brazilian fruits such as Papaya and Star Fruit will be on offer in the dining hall.
6. 2,500 people will form part of the team that prepare all of the meals.
7. Popular Brazilian food that will be enjoyed will include cheese buns (Pao de Queijo), chocolate truffles (Brigadeiro) and Tangerines.
In other news: 'Sheffield and the UK is a filthy disgrace' city MP urges tougher lines on litter
National news: One killed, five injured in possible London 'terror attack'
Man arreseted on suspicion of attempted murder after stabbing on Sheffield estate
Sheffield council back tracks on proposed parking charge increase
Sheffield first aider punched victim - and them helped him
Central England Co-operative customers inspired by this list to get into the Olympic spirit can now do so by popping into their nearest store.
They can eat like athletes by picking up all manner of foods to match the different types of cuisine on offer - Asian, International, Italian Pasta and Pizza treats.
Customers can get a taste of Brazilian cuisine in store by picking up some inspired favourites including orange juice, coconut water, and barbecue flavoured meat such as Co-operative Hot and Spicy BBQ Pork Loin Steak or Co-operative Spicy Maple Pork Kebabs, both of which feature in a mix and match 2 for £7 deal.
Youngsters can try and emulate their heroes such as Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt by picking up everything from a bowling kit to a bat and ball.
Parents keen to keep their children entertained this summer can claim a free hour of sports activities when they spend £35 in selected stores as part of the Summer of Sport campaign. More details are available by visiting http://ow.ly/EsRm302zz79
More information on the great deals on offer at Central England Co-operative during the Olympics is available at www.centralengland.coop/mycoopdeals