Jordan ready to get on his bike bike
Conisbrough rider Jordan Watling is on the fast track to success.
But the youngster, who has been a part of the British Superbike Championships for the last two years, is taking a year out in 2013 - in order to gain experience on his new bike, a 1000cc Yamaha R1 Superstock.
Jordan, who took part in the Triumph Challenge in 2011 and the Superstock 600 last year, will this year compete in the Thundersport GP1 Championship, which kicks off at Mallory Park on February 24.
“He now wants to once again establish himself as one of the front runners,” 21-year-old Jordan’s father, Andy, said.
The 2013 Championships will be broadcast on Motors TV, with one hour of Thundersport GB action per-event exclusive to the television channel (Sky 413, Virgin Media 545).
Jordan’s adventure will also be available to view on the Championship’s website.
n The youngster is once again sponsored by local companies, including Weldricks Pharmacy, Doncaster Van Centre and Swinton Motorcycles.
Jordan’s team, however, are always on the lookout for more sponsors. To express an interest in sponsoring Jordan, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Various advertising opportunities are available at reasonable prices.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East