Woman pulled from blazing house in Mexborough

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

0
Have your say

Firefighters rescued a woman from her blazing home in Mexborough on Saturday night.

The fire was sparked when pans of food overheated in the kitchen of the property on Comelybank Drive at 7pm.

Fire crews from Dearne Valley Station arrived to find a woman aged in her 40s unconscious on the floor.

They pulled her out to safety and she was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary for treatment.

Firefighters spent more than an hour tackling the blaze which left the kitchen smoke damaged.

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service is now warning people not to leave pans unattended.

A spokesman said: “Always make sure you keen an eye on pans while cooking. It does not take long for something to overheat and cause a fire.”