Woman hospitalised after candle fire

Fire Engine on call

Fire Engine on call

0
Have your say

A WOMAN had a lucky escape after a fire started in her bedroom while she was asleep.

The woman, in her 30s, had to be taken to hospital for smoke inhalation, as a precaution, following the incident at the house in Copley Crescent Scawthorpe.

The fire started from a candle that had been left on on top of some wicker furniture and the woman was alerted by her smoke alarm.

Firefighters from Adwick attended the incident and were on the scene around 20 minutes.

No one else was in the property at the time.