Teachers rule the roost in Doncaster college clash
TEACHERS went head to head with their pupils at an annual football match at Doncaster College.
The game took place within the college’s sports and public service department, with the two teams turning out at the public pitches next to the Keepmoat Stadium.
The lecturers won the game 4-2, taking the score over the last six years to three wins each for the staff and student teams.
Simon Smithurst, the college’s sports and public services programme co-ordinator was playing his first of the annual matches.
He said: “It was my first experience playing this annual event. I was proud of the displays by both sides and the game was played at a very high tempo.
“The student side edged the game but could not finish the chances they created which we then capitalised on.
“Maybe next year the students may get their just rewards”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West