St Leger Festival is off - Day One slideshow
AND they’re off...
The 2012 St Leger is underway with showers this afternoon failing to dampen the spirits of thousands of race goers who flocked to Doncaster Racecourse for day one of the infamous event.
A familiar face was also in the crowds as The Princess Royal Princess Anne joined in the festivities.
The eagerly anticipated Leger Legends race with winning ex-jockeys from the Grand National, Derby, Cheltenham Gold Cup and the Arc de Triomphe competing was the draw of the day.
Mick Kinane, who won the St Leger in 2001, won the race on 5-1 shot Patriotic.
And as well as the hotly contested calendar of races lined up for tomorrow’s ladies‘ day event Doncaster’s finest fillies will also be going head to head in the battle to win the best dressed crown.
- Doncaster Rovers: Not a Duff move yet
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West