Pets perish in house blaze

Fire Engine on call

Fire Engine on call

0
Have your say

A FAMILY have been left devastated after eight pet animals died in a house fire last night.

The family of seven was out of the property at the time, but returned to find the house on Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, heavily smoke logged.

Two dogs, two rabbits and four cats perished, though firefighters managed to save two further cats.

The fire was caused by a cooker ring which had been left on and ignited a pan and some cardboard nearby.

Firefighters from Doncaster and Adwick fire stations were called at around 7.30pm and put out the blaze using a hose reel.

The house has been so badly smoke damaged the family are unlikely to be able to return to the property.

The house did not have working smoke alarms.