Patients moved in hospital blaze

PATIENTS at Rotherham Hospital were evacuated from a ward after fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.

About 20 patients were moved safely to an alternative ward at about 3am.

No injuries were reported from the blaze, that was attended by two Rotherham appliances, who left the scene at 4.30am.

A fire spokeswoman said the fire was accidental, and appears to have been caused by faulty computer wiring.

The fire was contained within part of just one ward.