Man taken to hospital after flat fire in Rotherham

A man was taken to hospital after a flat fire in Maltby today

A man was taken to hospital after a flat fire in Maltby today

0
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital as a precaution after an early morning blaze in his Rotherham flat.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze on Grange Lane, Maltby, at 1.05am and found it had started in a bedroom.

The occupant managed to get out before crews arrived.

It is thought that smoking materials were to blame for the fire.