Man suffers burns after chip pan fire in South Yorkshire flat

A crackdown on arson attacks has been hailed a success
A crackdown on arson attacks has been hailed a success

A man in his 50’s had to receive hospital treatment for burns to his hands after a chip pan caught fire in his flat on Sackville Street, on Friday evening.

A man in his 50’s had to receive hospital treatment for burns to his hands after a chip pan caught fire in his flat on Sackville Street, on Friday evening.

The man was already outside the property when firefighters arrived at 7.26pm. Crews spent around an hour tackling the blaze. The kitchen was badly damaged, but no other flats were damaged by the fire. It is not known how severe the man’s burns were.

The fire was accidental, and a South Yorkshire Fire investigation is now underway.