Wombwell hanging tragedy
AN INQUEST is due to open today, in to the death of a teenager who was found hanging in a Wombwell pub just before Christmas.
Eighteen-year old Michael Muita Wanjau died on Saturday at hospital.
It is understood that prior to the tragedy he had been staying with friends at the Sir George’s Arms pub on Hough Lane, Wombwell. It was there that he was found in the early hours of December 22.
Mr Wanjau is believed to have had no fixed address, after splitting from his family in recent months.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East