Weight loss raises funds
SUPER slimmers from across Mexborough have donated more than £4,000 to Rotherham Hospice after a summer full of fund-raising.
Members of the town’s Slimming World group collected funds at a celebration evening at the Pastures Lodge in Mexborough followed by a table top sale at Mexborough Resource Centre in May.
Then in July, a group of about 15 completed friends the hospice’s annual Midnight Charity Walk, which is a 10 mile walk around Rotherham.
They managed to raise a total of £4,396 for the hospice and handed over a cheque to staff last week.
Group member Rebecca Spink, 27, of Uttoxeter Drive, Mexborough, said: “We decided to support a local charity which relies on donations and are absolutely thrilled to have managed to raise that amount.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East