Teen killed in car smash with farm buildings
A TEENAGER has died and a 20-year-old seriously injured after their car left the road.
The 19-year-old driver of the Renault Clio was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash on the A161 near Crowle in the early hours of Sunday morning.
His passenger sustained facial injuries and seat belt bruising and was taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital for treatment.
Both men, from Epworth, were heading towards Crowle at around 3.20am when the car left the road and crashed into farm outbuildings at Little Hirst Farm.
The road was closed to allow crash investigators to examine the scene and to enable the recovery of the Renault Clio and reopened at around 11.40am that day.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to contact them by calling the non emergency number 101 quoting log 143 of 16 September 2012.
- Doncaster Rovers: Not a Duff move yet
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West