Students dance away for charity
STUDENTS at a Dearne secondary school pulled out their best disco moves to raise money for a local charity.
Pupils at Saint Pius X Catholic High School in Wath-upon-Dearne managed to raise £150 for Rotherham Hospice through their performance of Disco Inferno last week.
Year 10 student, Fraser Mycroft, helped to organise the show and donated the money in memory of his grandmother Lyn, who died at the hospice a few weeks ago.
A spokeswoman at the school said: “Lyn always helped Fraser learning his lines for productions he was performing in. Unfortunately Lyn passed away in the hospice a few weeks before she had chance to see Fraser perform in Disco Inferno. Fraser thought it would be a nice gesture to donate the money to Rotherham Hospice.”
- Doncaster Rovers: Not a Duff move yet
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West