Patients moved in hospital blaze
PATIENTS at Rotherham Hospital were evacuated from a ward after fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.
About 20 patients were moved safely to an alternative ward at about 3am.
No injuries were reported from the blaze, that was attended by two Rotherham appliances, who left the scene at 4.30am.
A fire spokeswoman said the fire was accidental, and appears to have been caused by faulty computer wiring.
The fire was contained within part of just one ward.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west