Offy stung for serving minors
DONCASTER Council has called time on an off licence caught persistently selling booze to children.
Bargain Booze in Bentley was shut temporarily by the authority after licence holder Alex Chacko accepted the voluntary closure notice to escape prosecution, the authority said.
The move comes following a series of test purchasing exercises carried out by the council’s Trading Standards team and South Yorkshire Police.
On two occasions during this test purchasing, underage children were sold alcohol at the store in High Street, which led to fines being handed to the sellers responsible.
The off licence was closed during normal opening hours between Saturday, June 30, to Monday, July 2.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West