MP supports blood donors
WENTWORTH and Dearne MP John Healey is to give blood to help raise awareness of the need for people to donate.
The Labour politician has given blood many times before but has made a new year’s resolution to become a regular donor.
He will be giving blood at the Rotherham Leisure Complex tomorrow, Friday, and is urging others to follow his lead.
He said: “Giving blood is simple for the donor but life changing for the patient who receives it. 7,000 donations are needed every day to make sure there’s enough blood for those who need it.
“That’s why I’ve made a new year’s resolution to donate regularly.”
Last year there were nearly 6,000 active blood donors in Rotherham and nearly 5,000 in Barnsley – but only 4 per cent of the eligible population regularly donate.
To find out more or to book an appointment visit www.blood.co.uk or call 0300 123 23 23.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West