MP hits out at pension reforms
DEARNE MP John Healey has hit out at planned pension reforms which he says could mean 700 women in his constituency lose out.
He said women born in 1952 and 1953 will not be eligible for the single-tier pension since they are due to retire in 2017, before the state pension reforms come into effect.
But men born during the same period will qualify.
Mr Healey claimed the government had failed to make clear the full consequences of the changes, despite making assurances it would be “absolutely transparent.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East