Meetings on website
FULL Council meetings in Barnsley are to be broadcast on the web again from today, Thursday, at 10.30am.
The service was not available while Barnsley Town Hall was being renovated but now internet users can once again watch and listen to debate in the chamber on the council website www.barnsley.gov.uk
Mayor of Barnsley, Councillor Dorothy Higginbottom, who chairs the Full Council meetings, said webcasting meant Barnsley citizens could keep in touch with local democracy more easily.
She said: “The vast majority of the public are unable to attend Full Council meetings and therefore webcasting allows you to follow the meeting either live or afterwards at a convenient time.
“This service gives the people of Barnsley a greater opportunity to learn more about the decisions that affect them.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West