Man taken to hospital after Doncaster road accident
A MOTORIST was taken to hospital as a precaution after a crash on one of Doncaster’s busiest roads.
Thorne Road at Edenthorpe was closed for several hours following the collision between a Volkswagen Lupo and BMW 320 Series near the Beverley Inn.
Fire crews had to cut the roof off the Lupo following the incident which happened between the junctions of Cedric Road and Edenfield Road at 8.50 this morning.
The driver of the Lupo, 44, was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary as a precaution following a recent operation but a police spokesman said his injuries were not life threatening or life changing.
Motorists were diverted while investigations into the crash took place.
The road re-opened at around noon.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East