Man in hospital after house fire
A BENTLEYman was taken to hospital after he was rescued from a kitchen fire by his neighbour last night.
The neighbour, who was on his balcony on Askern Road, ran to the property on Rosedale Road after spotting smoke coming from a downstairs window at around 7.45pm.
The 65 year-old occupant was given oxygen at the scene before being taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary.
The extent of his injuries is not known at this stage.
Firefighters from Adwick and Doncaster tackled the fire, which is believed to have started in a chip pan.
Fire crews left the scene at just before 9pm.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west