Man charged with murder after Maltby pub death
A Maltby man was due to appear in court charged with murder after a man died following an incident in a pub in the town on Sunday.
South Yorkshire Police launched a murder investigation after Robert David Hurdley, 45, of Dinnington died following an altercation in the Don Jon Hotel public house, at around 10pm on October 14. He sustained a serious head injury and was taken to Rotherham District General Hospital where he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Daniel Gerrard, 30, of Highfield Park was due to appear at Rotherham Magistrates’ Court today (Wednesday October 17) to be remanded in custody until his next court appearance.
- Doncaster Rovers: Not a Duff move yet
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West