Keep warm in cold weather
hELP is available to older people struggling to keep warm during cold snaps. Age UK Rotherham has free information about how to keep yourself warm, with tips and advice on heating your home effectively and keeping costs down, along with essential ‘keep warm’ packs.
Lesley Dabell, Age UK Rotherham’s Chief Executive said: “We know that older people are more vulnerable at this time of year. Even in a mild winter there are more deaths in our older population because of the cold. We also know that older people worry about the cost of heating their homes. Sometimes they do not understand what help is available or how to make the most economic use of their heating systems.
“The range of support we can offer this winter has grown due to different initiatives that are available. We would encourage older people to contact
If you or someone you know needs help to keep warm, contact Age UK on 01709 835214 for further information between 9.30 am and
4pm Monday to Friday.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
- Biggest ‘shake-up’ on the buses for 20 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 11 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: East