Kathryn nails it
A BEAUTY Therapy student from Dearne Valley College has come top in an Olympic-themed nail art competition.
Kathryn Levers, 25, from Kilnhurst, claimed first and second place in a number of categories at a recent ‘Nailympics’ competition held at Bradford College.
Her stand out designs won a challenge to apply Olympic themed art to ten nails.
She rounded off a successful day by claiming victory in the overall category called ‘Ultimate Nail Technician’.
Judging was undertaken by industry experts taking into account health and safety, application and the end result.
Other colleges that took part were Leeds City College, Selby College and Bradford College.
Carol Brook, Programme Area Manager for Beauty Therapy, said: “The competition was a brilliant experience for Kathryn, the judges were extremely complimentary about her work and her professional standards.
“The judges have suggested to us to enter future competitions which is very encouraging.”
Kathryn won a nail art kit, £150 of Nail Systems International training vouchers and a trophy.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 12 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West