Fundraiser? I’ll drink to that!
REGULARS at a Mexborough pub raised their glasses after a successful day of fundraising for a children’s cancer charity.
Customers at the Bull’s Head on High Street organised a day of fun and games on Wednesday, September 19, to raise money for the Parents Association of Children with Tumours and Leukaemia (PACT).
The day included a variety of pub games such as a pool tournament, darts and a karaoke competitions.
There were also a range of stalls, a raffle and one brave customer, Trisha Vickers, 42, had her head shaved.
In total, they raised around £1000, which will be used specifically to support patients at Sheffield Children’s Hospital.
Landlady Patricia Cupitt said: “We all had a great day and everyone pulled together to support this amazing charity.
“Times are hard at the moment so I think it shows the generosity of people in Mexborough.”
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West