Extra police patrols after arson attack
POLICE patrols have been increased in an area of Mexborough which was hit by an arson attack.
Fire crews had to rescue seven people from a burning flats block in Hirst Gate on Bonfire Night after yobs set fire to a communal bin area.
St Leger Homes, which manages the flats, has now demanded extra police activity in the area and vowed to help any residents affected by the blaze.
Chief executive Susan Jordan said: “We are working closely with South Yorkshire Police and South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service to assist with their investigations into the incident.
“We have also requested an increase in night time patrols by the neighbourhood response team within the area.
“We will not tolerate anti-social behaviour on our estates.”
Anyone with information about the fire should contact police on the non-emergency number 101.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 10 C to 22 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East