A man was taken to hospital by ambulance after it appeared a chimney collapsed on him.
The incident involving a 33-year old man in Beech Road, Doncaster occurred just before 11am this morning.
The Yorkshire Ambulance Service sent its hazardous area response team in answer to the alert.
South Yorkshire fire crews worked to help rescue the man from beneath rubble inside the house.
He was taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary for treatment.
The Yorkshire Air Ambulance also responded to the emergency call.