Detectives in Doncaster are renewing an appeal for information just over a year after a family fell victim to knife-wielding armed burglars.
Officers have confirmed they have been pursuing a number of lines of enquiry after the raiders struck at around 5.45pm on Friday, September 7 last year.
It is believed three men in a black Audi A5 pulled into a field behind a property on Spring Lane, Sprotbrough, before two male occupants of the car, wearing balaclavas, entered the garden of the house.
The homeowner, 44-year-old Adrian Welch, confronted the pair who then threatened him with a knife before leading him back into the house and demanding money - all in front of the man’s wife and three children.
The men are believed to have left the house with a quantity of cash before making off towards Long Lane.
A short time later, the two suspects were thought to have been picked up by a white Ford Transit van before being dropped outside the Sun Inn on Barnsley Road, Doncaster.
Some 11 people were arrested in connection with the incident, but were released from police bail without charge.
Meanwhile detectives have continued enquiries, including considerable CCTV trawls and scrutinising forensic evidence recovered from the scene.
Last week, Mr Welch and his family spoke exclusively to the Free Press of how they are still haunted by the events that unfolded last September.
Officers are appealing for witnesses, or for anyone with information, to call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting reference 857 of September 7, 2012.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Robbery haunts us even a year on, says Doncaster couple: http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/robbery-haunts-us-even-a-year-on-says-doncaster-couple-1-6112351