Dog rescued from pond in Rossington
A BULL terrier had to be rescued by firefighters after wading into a duck pond.
The dog, called Zac, and his owner were walking near Stripe Road in Rossington when the pooch decided to venture into the pond but was then too scared to make the trip back.
A crew from Doncaster attended the incident around 5.45pm last night and one member of the crew used waders to go into the pond and rescue terrified Zac.
The dog was fine following his ordeal, a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire confirmed.
- Damning reports slams Lindholme Prison as one of worst in country
- Doncaster firm lands Sheffield tram contract
- Court: Coffee thief gets community order
- Doncaster Rovers: Rochdale clash set for Capital One Cup first round
- Transfer rumours June 14: Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Barnsley, Rotherham United, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for South Yorkshire
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West